- To elaborate on the security of the most commonly used networking protocols and mechanisms, and to give a concrete advice on the most appropriate secure network solution, for a given setting that is described in detail.
- To deploy and utilize software tools, which implement the principles of Public Key Encryption, to ensure confidentiality and integrity of e-mail communications.
- To create secure communication channels for remote network access, using VPN software, and to describe the VPN setting and level of achieved security of the selected approach in a 2-page technical report.
- To evaluate the extend of the damage, diagnose the cause of a network attack and to discuss the problem and potential solutions, in case of a compromised Information system.
- To demonstrate the functionality of common tools to detect and prevent attacks, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems, and to write a technical report on their configurations.
This module contents nine meetings for which you prepare the orders at home and will be studying literature. The lessons are both collectively and online in which you can contact your teacher by Skype. We start with an introduction to the theme, keeping your own organization as your starting point. In the classes we discuss the assignments and treat practical examples. You can ask in-depth questions and get specific feedback from your fellow students and the teacher.
The course is completed and evaluated by a final written report. This is a combination of the results collected in the subprojects that have been implemented during the course term. You will design a robust cyber security in depth solution, comprised by several area-specific deliverables, which are bound together in the framework of Information Security in Depth. You are expected to be able to deploy software tools, protocols and methods to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability in the cyber realm.
Een relevante praktijkomgeving op hbo-niveau is essentieel voor het afronden van bovengenoemde beroepsproducten en opdrachten. Dat kan je eigen baan/werk zijn. Mocht je niet werkzaam zijn in een voor deze module relevante omgeving, dan moet je afspraken maken met een bedrijf of instelling voor een relevante praktijkomgeving.