Met deze module versterk je je vaardigheden op het gebied van spreken, schrijven en lezen ten behoeve van het werken in een technische omgeving.
The ability to communicate effectively in English gives you an advantage in an increasingly globalised world. The English for Technical Professionals course aims to develop your speaking, writing, and reading skills for your working life in a technical profession.
- You can pitch with the appropriate style and structure and using language at a B2- level*.
- You can produce an informative presentation about an aspect of your work and respond to the questions, using language at a B2-level.
- You can write a business letter aiming to inform or promote material, using language at a B2- level.
- You can write a business email making initial contact and asking for a quotation, using language at a B2- level
- You can summarize existing text, using language at a B2-level.
- You can write a hazard and risk analysis, and an incident report, using language at a B2- level.
- You can motivate design decisions in a technical report.
* B2-level means: (at least) at a B2- level: Cambridge English First (FCE). Read more about Cambridge English
There are 10 meetings at Saxion University. Different skills will be practiced and information presented and discussed. For example, you are going to produce pitches, write business letters and summarize a report. The teacher and the other students will give you feedback, so you can develop your skills.
Students will submit a portfolio at the end of the course, comprising of the following products:
- Business letter accompanying promotional material or information (writing)
- Email, either first contact with a company or asking for a quotation (writing)
- Summary (reading and writing)
- Motivating a decision: technical report on programming in C++ (writing and knowledge)
- Either a hazard and risk analysis or an incident report (writing and knowledge)